Sunday, August 14, 2011

Parbat man admits to killing daughters

HIMALAYAN NEWS SERVICE

KUSHMA: A police probe team has found that Krishna Prasad Tiwari of Pipaltari VDC-9, Parbat district, had flung his daughters Namuna (8) and Nabina (6) from a bridge at Phalebas about two weeks ago and cooked up a story about their ‘abduction’ from Pakuwa VDC-1 to hide his crime.

Police made the findings of the investigation public at a press conference at the Parbat District Police Office today.

“Owing to poor financial condition, I and my wife worked abroad for long. After returning home from Iraq six months ago, I sent my wife abroad. Feeling humiliated for having to send her abroad, I threw my kids from the bridge at 11 pm at night. I had wanted to kill myself, but could not,” police quoted Tiwari.

A three-member probe team under Superintendent of Police Sher Bahadur Basnet had investigated the case after district police failed to unravel the mystery.

After the dastardly act, Tiwari had moved the Parbat DPO stating that an unidentified group had barged into his house and kidnapped his daughters at 11 pm 13 days ago and demanded ransom payment of Rs 1 lakh for their release.

Namuna and Nabina were second and first graders at the Kusma-based Rastriya Bal Shikshya Sadan Residential Secondary School.

Their mother Radhika is in Israel.

In the absence of their parents, aunt Huma Tiwari had brought up Namuna, Nabina and and their sister Namrata (15).

No comments:

Post a Comment